Agricultural recycling is coming to British Columbia
Photo: Clean farms
If you have old or unwanted agricultural pesticides, commercial pesticides, or animal husbandry medicines that you are trying to get rid of, Cleanfarms has the solution.
Cleanfarms is a national, not-for-profit organization that delivers industry-funded end-of-life stewardship programs to the agricultural sector across Canada. The organization works collaboratively with more than 70 members in the sectors of pesticides, fertilizers, seeds, agricultural plastics and animal health drugs, as well as with partner organizations and governments to ensure that Canadian farmers can actively contribute to a healthy environment and a sustainable future. .
Cleanfarms will return to the interior of British Columbia to host one-day events at 11 locations from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. from September 27 to October 21. They will collect old and unwanted agricultural pesticides and obsolete medicines for cattle, horses and farm animals.
“Farmers are waiting for this program to return to their region. We know they are eager to get rid of these old materials safely and without risk to the environment. It helps them keep their farms clean and sustainable, ”said Barry Friesen, executive director of Cleanfarms.
Since the program began over 10 years ago, 3.7 million kg of unwanted pesticides and 52,000 kg of obsolete farm animal health drugs have been collected across the country.
This year’s collection sites are (in alphabetical order):
- ERICKSON – Tuesday, October 5 – Growers Supply – Creston, 754 – 35 Ave South, 250-428-5124
- KAMLOOPS – Wednesday October 13 – Purity Feed Ltd., 471 Okanagan Way, 250-372-2233
- KELOWNA – Tuesday October 19 – Grower’s Supply – Kelowna, 2605 Acland Rd., 250-765-4500
- McBRIDE – Monday, September 27 – McBride Regional Transfer Station, 500 NW Frontage Rd., 250-960-4400
- OLIVER – Thursday October 21 – Grower’s Supply – Oliver, 5911 Sawmill Rd., 250-498-6406
- PENTICTON – Wednesday October 20, Growers Supply – Penticton, 272 Dawson Rd., 250-493-2885
- PRINCE GEORGE – Tuesday, Sept. 28 – Regional landfill on boulevard Foothills, 6595, chemin Landfill, 250-960-4400
- QUESNEL – Thursday, September 30 – Four Rivers Co-operative, Quesnel Branch, 1280 Quesnel Hixon Rd., 250-992-7274
- VANDERHOOF – Wednesday September 29 – Four Rivers Co-op, 1055 Hwy 16 West, 250-567-4225
- VERNON – Thursday October 14 – Growers Supply – Vernon, 1200 Waddington Dr., 250-545-1278
- WILLIAMS LAKE – Friday October 1 Fertilizer 153 Mile, # 80 – 5101 Frizzi Rd., 250-392-5333